It is very important to maintain (keep) your student status while you are studying in the United States. The American Language Institute (ALI) must inform the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement about your full-time education in the US.
To maintain your status, you must:
- Enroll as a full-time student.
- Attend classes regularly and follow the ALI Attendance Policy.
- Receive passing grades.
- Keep your passport valid.
- Have a valid I-20.
- NOT work illegally in the United States.
- Update your contact information including physical address (the address where you actually live), email address, phone number, and home country address within 10 days of a change by completing the Change of Information Form.
Please see the ALI Immigration Advisor if you have any questions about your F-1 student status.