As part of the California State University (CSU) system, the American Language Institute (ALI) requires all F-1 and J-1 visa students to have major medical insurance coverage during their stay in the United States.
While attending the ALI, health insurance is provided by Wells Fargo Insurance (underwritten by Aetna). There is no additional cost for health insurance as it is included in the price of tuition.
Highlights of Student Health Insurance Plan
- Eligibility: Non-resident and/or non-citizen of U.S., actively attending classes.
- Insurance Start Date: Coverage begins on the day following enrollment/payment date; the coverage is valid worldwide.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Plan covers most accidents and medical conditions.
- $150 Deductible: Student pays the first $150 during the policy year before medical expenses are covered. (Does not include per visit or admission deductibles.)
- Physician Office Visit/Emergency Room Co-pay: $35 per office visit/$250 per ER visit
- Major Medical Coverage: Student lifetime maximum total benefits by Aetna Life & Health Insurance Company are unlimited for both injury and sickness.
- Additional Membership Benefits: Student assistance for academic stress, life coaching, finances, child care services, and personal relationships (family, friends & dating). Discounts for natural products and services include: over-the-counter vitamins, vision, acupuncture, chiropractic, fitness and massage services.
- Mobile App for Android and iPhone Available: View current claims, and other benefits online.
ALI Health Insurance Flyer
For complete details of CSU Healthlink coverage please see the CSU Healthlink Student Health Insurance Brochure. The insurance will cover the length the student is enrolled in the program. If the student wishes to purchase more insurance for use before and after their dates of attendance, they can do so by emailing email@example.com and we will bill for the weeks requested.