Continuing Student Information


EAP Blog Calendar New Students Continuing Students Attendance General Level TOEFL Waiver Academic Probation Advising Computer Labs Extra Help

  • Please review the dates below for Fall and be sure to stay the entire time in the program in order to avoid immigration problems. If you have any questions, please contact Mariko at as soon as possible.
    • Return date for Fall 2017:                   Monday, August 28, 2017 – classes begin
    • Last day of Fall 2017:                            Thursday, December 14, 2017
    • Return date for Spring 2018:                      Monday, January 8, 2018

Please also review the following important immigration information:



Change of Information

All students on an F-1 student visa must report any change in your U.S. address, email address, phone number, and home country address within 10 days. Update your address via the ALI Student Portal: If you cannot log in to the ALI Student Portal please submit your address via the Change of Information online form (


I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Information

To print a paper copy of your I-94, or to get your I-94 number, click on the link below and fill out the requested information:

You may need your I-94 number or a paper copy of the I-94 for the following reasons:

  • get a driver’s license
  • get a social security card
  • show proof that you have a valid F-1 or J-1 status


Transfer to Another School

As an F-1 student you have 60 days from your program end date to apply to a new school and get accepted, and to provide your new school’s admission letter, and transfer form if applicable. You must start your new school’s next available start date, and this cannot be more than 5 months from your ALI program end date.


Travel Outside the USA

Before you travel outside the USA please check page #3 of your I-20 form. You should already have a travel signature that is valid for one year from the signature date, or the end of the I-20 form listed in Section #5 of the first page, whichever is sooner. If you need a new travel signature, please see a Designated School Official (DSO) in the ALI Office. To reenter the USA from a temporary absence, you will need:

NOTE: You cannot leave and reenter the USA AFTER your studies have completed.


Entry Visas to Other Countries
To travel outside the U.S. to a country other than your home country, an entry visa may be required. Call that country’s embassy or consulate in the U.S. for information. For a list of all embassies and consulates in the U.S. visit,


Short Trips to Mexico or Canada
If you have a valid US visa in your passport, you do not need to apply for a visa to visit Mexico.

If traveling to Canada, unless your country of citizenship is among the visa exempt countries (, you will need to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) ( from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.  A tourist TRV is generally issued for a period of six months and can be obtained at your nearest Canadian Immigration Visa Office.