As part of the California State University (CSU) system, the American Language Institute (ALI) requires all F-1 and J-1 visa students to have major medical insurance coverage during their stay in the United States. Those who come with non-F-1 or non-J-1 status are strongly advised to have adequate health insurance coverage as well.
Minimum Coverage Requirements
Students must provide proof of health insurance that meets the following California State University International Student Health Insurance requirements:
- The policy is valid as long as you are enrolled at the American Language Institute.
- Accident: medical expense limit is at least $100,000.
- Sickness: medical expense limit is at least $100,000.
- Co-payment does not exceed 25% of bill per visit.
- The repatriation benefit is at least $25,000.
- The medical evacuation benefit is at least $50,000.
- The annual deductible is no more than $500.
- The policy must pay for pre-existing conditions after six months of continuous coverage.
Heath Insurance through the ALI
Students are able to purchase health insurance through the ALI. Coverage information for insurance provided the ALI is listed below:
- Eligibility: Non-resident and/or non-citizen of U.S., actively attending classes.
- Insurance Start Date: Coverage begins on the day following enrollment/payment date; the coverage is valid worldwide.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Plan covers most accidents and medical conditions.
- $150 Deductible: Student pays the first $150 during the policy year before medical expenses are covered. (Does not include per visit or admission deductibles.)
- Physician Office Visit/Emergency Room Co-pay: $35 per office visit/$250 per ER visit
- Major Medical Coverage: Student lifetime maximum total benefits by Aetna Life & Health Insurance Company are unlimited for both injury and sickness.
- Additional Membership Benefits: Student assistance for academic stress, life coaching, finances, child care services, and personal relationships (family, friends & dating). Discounts for natural products and services include: over-the-counter vitamins, vision, acupuncture, chiropractic, fitness and massage services.
- Mobile App for Android and iPhone Available: View current claims, and other benefits online.
Health Insurance provided by the ALI will cover the length the student is enrolled in their program. For more information on health insurance, or to purchase health insurance, please contact email@example.com.