SDSU Global Campus International Programs requires all F-1 visa students to have health insurance coverage during their period of enrollment. Students in the U.S. with non-F-1 status are strongly encouraged to have adequate health insurance coverage as well.
Health Insurance Through SDSU Global Campus
Students are able to purchase health insurance brokered by SDSU Global Campus. For information on plan benefits, please see the health insurance brochure. To purchase health insurance, please visit the JCB Insurance Solutions website at student.jcbins.com/980.
Health Insurance Waiver
Students who do not want to purchase JCB insurance are permitted to provide proof of other health insurance that meets the following minimum requirements:
- Valid for the duration of the program.
- Accident or illness: medical expense limit of at least $100,000.
- Medical evacuation benefit of at least $50,000.
- Repatriation benefit of at least $25,000.
F1-visa students that have been accepted to our programs can apply for a waiver by completing the Health Insurance Waiver Form. Please note you will need your RedID number to be able to complete this form.
Because health insurance benefits vary from one provider to another, we advise students to become familiar with their health insurance coverage, policies, and procedures before their departure to the U.S.
Health Insurance Deadlines
- Semester at SDSU Programs: One month before the program start date.
- All other programs:By the program start date.