- Cancellation Policy
- Withdrawal Policy
- Refund Policy
- Payment Policy
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Smoking Policy
The $175 application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The application fee includes one deferral request. A Deferral request must be made within six months of the submission date of the initial application.
If a student wants to cancel before the scheduled program start date, a request may be sent to admissions via email at email@example.com. A request may also be made in person in the Global Campus Student Center.
If the student is enrolled in the program and wishes to withdraw from the program before the scheduled program end date, the student must send an email as a written notice of intention to withdraw with the reason for the withdrawal to the director of the program in which the student is enrolled. A request may also be made in person in the Global Campus Student Center.
American Language Institute
A. All withdrawals are subject to a $75 fee.
B. Programs with a duration of eight (8) or more weeks (as indicated by your I-20)*
- If a notice of intention to cancel is received prior to the first day of the session, the student will be refunded 100% of the tuition minus a $75 administration fee.
- If a notice of intention to withdraw is received after the first day of the session and before 10% of class time completed from the scheduled program start date, the student will be refunded 50% of tuition minus a $75 administration fee.
- After 10% of the session has been completed from the scheduled program start date, no refund is granted.
C. Programs with a duration of seven (7) or fewer weeks.
- No refunds will be granted.
Semester at SDSU
Students must notify the program director of any intention to withdraw or cancel from the Semester at SDSU program. A withdrawal form is required.
- If the withdrawal form is received one (1) day before the first day of classes, the student will be refunded the full tuition minus a $21 administration fee.
- If the withdrawal form is received after the first day of classes but before the schedule adjustment deadline of each semester, the student will be refunded 65% of the tuition minus a $21 administration fee.
- If the withdrawal form is received after the schedule adjustment deadline of each semester, no refund will be granted.
All SDSU Global Campus International Programs
A. Late Arrivals
Students who are given permission to begin later than the scheduled program start date as indicated by the I-20 are subject to the same policy. The policy is in effect from student's first day of the program (as indicated by your I-20)*
A student can be dismissed at any time during the term if she/he has an attendance problem, behavior problem, does not work up to the high standards of the Institute or does not pay tuition and fees. If it is deemed necessary to dismiss a student, no refund is granted. The withdrawal policy does not apply in this case.
Students who wish to extend their stay in the program must pay for the tuition balance in full in order to receive an I-20 form update. Tuition deadlines are determined by each program. See Payment Policy for details.
If SDSU Global Campus cancels a program prior to the student’s enrollment, the student will be refunded the full tuition.
Tuition refunds will be granted only in cases where the withdrawal procedure has been satisfactorily completed. The refunds will be computed according to the following guidelines.
You have the right:
- to inspect and review your records,
- to request inaccurate or misleading information be amended,
- to restrict disclosures of information about you (except as provided by law),
- to file a complaint if we violate your rights, and
- to obtain a copy of our Student Records Policy.
(See "Student Privacy Rights of Students in Education Records" in the SDSU catalog for further information.)
In accordance with Title IX, San Diego State University prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation on the basis of sex, gender, or sexual orientation, including sexual harassment and violence. For more information regarding Title IX, Sexual Violence Prevention and Education, and the University's complaint procedures, please visit the SDSU Nondiscrimination Policy page.
San Diego State University is a smoke and tobacco free campus. For more information visit smokefree.sdsu.edu.