A History of Excellence
Listed below are just a few reasons why so many international students choose SDSU's American Language Institute.
- The ALI is a division of the College of Extended Studies, one of the eight colleges of SDSU, the flagship campus of the California State University system and the largest university in the San Diego region. SDSU has been designated a "Research University" with high research activity by the Carnegie Foundation.
- The ALI is a renowned teacher training center, educating teachers from around the world in the latest ESL/EFL teaching techniques and methodologies.
- ALI classes are taught by nationally recognized teachers with advanced degrees, trained in the latest teaching methods.
- The ALI is the only San Diego region member of UCIEP, the consortium of university and college administered intensive English programs in the United States. Additionally, the ALI is a member of AAIEP and NAFSA.
- The ALI's University Advising Services has a successful record of assisting students in gaining admission to degree programs throughout the U.S., including the SDSU Graduate School of Business. Dedicated academic advising is available to all ALI students at no additional charge.
- Advanced-level ALI students may enroll in regular SDSU classes and earn college credit without going through the San Diego State University admissions process.
- Through the Semester at SDSU program, the ALI offers certificate programs that are comprised of regular SDSU classes with American students and include official academic credit and transcripts.
- All ALI classes are taught on the SDSU campus in the Gateway Center and the Extended Studies Center. All ALI students have access to the high-speed computer and language labs in Gateway Center and the SDSU main library.
- The ALI offers on-campus housing year-round (dormitory and apartments).
- Students have easy access to metropolitan San Diego public transportation, including the San Diego Trolley at SDSU, offering ALI students rapid connections to prime destinations throughout the San Diego region.