The American Language Institute (ALI) can help students select and apply to a U.S. college or university through the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program and our University Advising Services.
Current EAP students can receive assistance with:
- The college/university application process (deadlines, admission requirements, application materials, etc.)
- The ALI TOEFL waiver process
- Conditional Admission to SDSU
- Complete Level 106 with a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall with no grade under 2.7 in all graded classes,
- Earn a grade of Credit (CR) in all Credit/No Credit classes including Friday Electives,
- Complete Writing Level E or higher with a minimum grade of 2.7,
- Take and pass the TOEFL Waiver Class with a grade of Credit (CR), and
- Maintain 80% attendance.
Pre-MBA/Pre-Master's Program students should contact Renee Rodriguez for more information about TOEFL waiver requirements.
Undergraduate Conditional Admission to San Diego State University is for qualified ALI students who want to attend SDSU, to earn an undergraduate degree, but do not meet the SDSU English language proficiency requirement. To qualify, the applicant must have no previous university course work and have a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA). SAT or ACT test scores are required only of students transferring from U.S. high schools or U.S. accredited high schools overseas.
For any additional questions, please contact Renee Rodriguez.